"Timesizing not downsizing - Trim the workweek, not the workforce!"
Box 117, Harvard Sq PO, Cambridge 02238 USA 617-623-8080: homepage
As America's first dot-com political party, TimesizingNotDownsizing.com ran...
in the Y2000 Ted Kennedy Handicap
Click here for
photo, more on platform, complete menu of candidates....
We have the only 21st-century platform in American politics today:
technology is for empowering, not replacing people -
- continuous training built right into the workplace
via automatic conversion of overtime into training and hiring
& reinvestment of overtime profits and earnings (which controls inflation by balancing the money motive vs. job satisfaction)
- trim the workweek automatically as technology improves, to spread employment, raise wages, solidify spending & markets, balance consumption & production, + let everyone 'get a life', give single moms a break, lighten up, get some rest, some time...
- adopt a real unemployment rate, including welfare, disability, homelessness, prison, forced early retirement, forced self-employment with no clients...
- phase out mandatory retirement at any fixed age as unaffordable in the light of the long-term human goal of immortality and wasteful of the wisdom of the aged; treat the handicaps of old age the same as any other handicaps in the context of constantly improving medical and spare-parts technologies and rehabilitation techniques
- speed up universal single-payer health insurance (like Hawaii's 1991 small-business-neutral plan)
- speed up campaign finance reform - meanwhile, shift to direct electronic democracy like Switzerland
So far the Timesizing.com Party is registered only in the founding state of Massachusetts (but stay tuned!...).
Party membership is $25 year ($10/yr low income) - Join the Timesizing.com Party by mailing a check made out to "Timesizing.com with Phil Hyde" to
The Timesizing.com Party
10-12 Carver Street
Somerville, Mass. 02143
Be sure to include your name and address for our membership kit. (Political checks are not tax deductible.) In Massachusetts, you can register as a Timesizing.com Party voter by entering our motto, "Timesizing, Not Downsizing" in the "Party Affiliation" blank of your voter registration form. Our Mass. state party letter-designation is M for tiMesizing.
Contact: Phil Hyde, Exec.Director, The Timesizing.com Party, 617-623-8080, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or in Quebec, 819-771-8546, e-mail email@example.com
Return to Top |
Return to Home Page